- The fiqh of dealing with the diverse members of society – 24th – 25th March 2018
- The fiqh of marital and social relations – 21st – 22nd April 2018
- The fiqh of financial matters – 23rd – 24th June 2018
- The fiqh of dealing with variant ideologies and doctrines – 28th – 29th July 2018
The fiqh of dealing with the diverse members of society – 24th – 25th March 2018
– Work related matters e.g. gender interaction, prayers
– Shaking hands with the opposite gender
– Going to a work dinner where there is wine on the table
– Unable to pray at work within the timescales of the prayer – what flexibilities does the Shariah offer?
– Unable to get time off from work to attend Friday prayers – what does the Shariah say?
– Can you wish someone well on their festivities: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Diwali, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday
– Can you have a Christmas Tree in the house? Can you send Christmas Cards? A Christmas gift to the neighbours? Can you have a traditional Christmas meal on Christmas Day? Can you attend a work Christmas party (no alcohol served)? Can you wear a Christmas jumper?
– What is bid’ah? Can you celebrate Mawleed?
– Can you create a joyous occasion for Mawleed – i.e. decorate the mosque, have lights in the house, maybe a birthday cake for the prophet’s birthday, out of love for him (saw)?
The fiqh of marital and social relations – 21st – 22nd April 2018
– Understanding the issue of marriage and divorce in Islam.
– How does a Non-Muslim legal system impact on how we look at this?
– How does a Muslim woman obtain a divorce in Britain?
– How does Shariah view a registered UK marriage of a Muslim woman with a Christian man, or a Muslim man with an atheist woman in this country?
– If a husband insists his wife does not work, is she obliged to act on it?
– Does a wife have to look after her husband’s parents?
– Homosexuality and how do we deal with Muslims people who say they are homosexuals.
The fiqh of financial matters – 23rd – 24th June 2018
– Understanding Riba
– Is bank interest prohibited?
– What about Mortgage interest?
– Can you take a loan to invest in a business?
– Can competitors put in money to enter a competition based on skill and winner takes all?
– Whoever wins, buys the other dinner. Is this allowed?
– Can you have insurance: comprehensive car insurance, house insurance, life insurance?
The fiqh of dealing with variant ideologies and doctrines – 28th – 29th July 2018
– Understanding the issues that divide the main Sunni denominations in the UK (Ahlel Hadith/Salafi/Wahhabi, Barelvi, Deobandi, Sufi). How do we understand the issue of:
– Ghair Taqleed
– Haadhar Naadhar
– Ilm ul Ghaib
– Nur / Bashir
– Is it necessary to have a sufi sheikh/spiritual guide?
– When is prayer not valid behind someone?
– What are the frameworks that allow leeway for differences that do not compromise our inherent beliefs?
– How does Islam view the philosophies of: Ilmaniyyah – secularism, or Capitalism?
– The Quran is sufficient – there is no need for hadiths
– Is the theory of evolution compatible with Islamic understanding of creation. Issue of apostasy, blasphemy and what punishments are prescribed in Islam.
Please down the application form by clicking the button below.
Once completed please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.orgDOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM